This high-protein dish is consistent enough without being to heavy in the stomach: it makes a very good lunch if you can find 20 minutes to cook it!
Red lentils curry with tofu
20 minutes // 350kcal
* IngrEdients *
- 125g firm tofu (smoked or classic)
- 30g red lentils
- 1 scallion
- 2tsp olive oil
- curry powder
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
* ReCIPE *
- Cut the scallion in slices and the tofu in small cubes.
- Warm the oil in a pan and fry the scallion slices and tofu in there for a couple of minutes.
- When there is no oil left in the pan, add the lentils and cover with water.
- Add 1tsp curry powder, pepper and stir. Cover and let it cook for 15 minutes. (Add water if needed)
- The lentils will break open and become yellow: it’s normal!
- When it is cooked and there is almost no water left, salt to taste, and add parsley (as a decoration, or more if you like the contrast of its raw taste with the rest of the dish).
- It’s ready! Enjoy!
Note: Parsley (especially fresh parsley) contains C vitamin, which helps with the assimilation of the iron contained in lentils!
* NUTRITION *
Energy : 350kcal [carbs : 25g; fats : 19g; proteins : 24g]
This recipe is a very good source of :
- Vitamins B1, B9, K
- Calcium, iron, selenium, zinc
This recipe is rather a good source of :
- Vitamins B5, B6, A, E
- Magnesium, potassium