If you like terragon, you will probably love this recipe! Also, it’s not only tasty and low in calories, but a very great source of proteins as well! Serve it with basmati rice and some greens and tell me what you think!
Marinated tofu with curry and terragon
10min + 2h (marinade) + 15min // 180kcal
* IngrEdients *
- 125g firm tofu
- 1 small shallot
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2tsp mustard
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 1tsp curry powder
- a bunch of terragon leaves (to taste)
- salt and pepper
* ReCIPE *
- Cut the tofu block in 1 to 2cm-thick slices.
- Place them on a clean dish towel. Add another dish towel over them (or fold the first one if it’s a large towel), a flat surface like a cutting board, and put something heavy on top (on the picture below, I used my big jar of red lentils). Firm tofu acts a bit like a sponge and pressing it this way will help it get more taste out of the marinade afterwards.
- Leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the marinade: chop the shallot and put it in a pot (I usually use jam jars). Add the mustard, curry, soy sauce and stir. Add terragon, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Take the tofu and cut it in cubes. Add the cubes in the jar with the marinade. Close well, shake a lot, and leave it for around two hours.
- Warm olive oil in a pan.
- Cook the tofu with its marinade for around 15 minutes at medium heat. Stir often.
- Serve basmati rice and/or vegetables.
- It’s ready, enjoy!
* NUTRITION *
Energy : 180kcal [carbs : 6g; fats : 13g; proteins : 14g]
This recipe is a good source of :
- Vitamins B9, K
- Calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc
This recipe also contains :
- Vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, A, E