I love raw carrots, but when it comes to cooked carrots, I am very difficult… However, I love this recipe! That’s actually the only way I cook carrots outside of big spicy dishes like curries and couscous. I thus needed to share it!
30 minutes // 170kcal
* IngrEdients *
- 2 large carrots (3-4 small/medium carrots)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp soy cream
- 10 g soy butter (or other vegetable butter)
- salt and pepper
* ReCIPE *
- Wash the carrots and cook them in a big pan of boiling water until you can stick a knife in them (cut them in 2 if they are too big). Don’t wait until they break, they must not be too soft!
- Rinse them under cool water, peel them and chop them.
- Warm the vegetable butter in a frying pan and cook the crushed garlic clove. Add the carrots.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and stir. Leave for a couple more minutes.
- It’s ready, bon appétit !
* Nutrition *
Energy : 170kcal [carbs : 18g; fats : 10g; proteins : 4g]
This recipe is a good source of :
- Omega 3
- Vitamins A (>100% of the RDI!), B6, B9, E, K
This recipe also contains :
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, C
- Calcium, magnesium